Basic Pay with Grades
(Staff Circular No.7325 dated 24.12.2020 w.e.f. 01.11.2017)
JMGS I (Asst. Manager) – Rs. 36000 – 1490/7 – 46430 – 1740/2 – 49910 – 1990/7 – 63840
MMGS II (Manager) – Rs. 48170 – 1740/1 – 49910 – 1990/10 – 69810
MMGS III (Senior Manager) – Rs. 63840 – 1990/5 – 73790 – 2220/2 – 78230
SMGS IV (Chief Manager) – Rs. 76010 – 2220/4 – 84890 – 2500/2 – 89890
SMGS V (Asst. General Manager) – Rs. 89890 – 2500/2 – 94890 – 2730/2 – 100350
TEGS VI (Dy. General Manager) – Rs. 104240 – 2970/4 – 116120
TEGS VII (General Manager) – Rs. 116120 – 3220/4 – 129000
Fitment shall be on stage to stage, i.e. on corresponding stages from 1st stage onwards
and the increments shall fall on the anniversary date as usual.
Officers in JMGS I who have moved to scale of pay for MMGS II in terms of Regulation 5 (b) after reaching maximum of the higher scale are presently eligible for four stagnation increments. With effect from 1st November 2017, these officers will be eligible for five stagnation increments. The first four stagnation increments will be released after every two completed years of service, of which first two shall be Rs.1990/- each and next two shall be Rs. 2220/- each. The fifth stagnation increment of Rs.2220/- will be released two years after receipt of fourth stagnation increment or w.e.f. 1st November 2017, whichever is later.
Officers in MMGS II who have moved to Scale of Pay for MMGS III in terms of Regulation 5 (b) after reaching maximum of higher scale are presently eligible for four stagnation increments. With effect from. 1st November 2017 these officers will be eligible for five stagnation increments. First four stagnation increments of Rs.2220/- will be released after every two completed years of service after reaching the maximum on the higher scale. The fifth stagnation increment of Rs.2220/- will be released two years after release of fourth stagnation increment or w.e.f. 1st November 2017, whichever is later.
Officers in substantive MMGS III i.e. those who are recruited in or promoted to MMGS III are presently eligible for five stagnation increments. These officers shall now be eligible for total six stagnation increments. First four stagnation increments of Rs. 2220/- after every two completed years and next two increments of Rs. 2500/- each, two years after receipt of the fourth stagnation increment. The sixth stagnation increment of Rs. 2500/- will be released two years after release of fifth stagnation increment or w.e.f. 1st November 2017, whichever is later.
Officers in SMGS IV are presently eligible for one stagnation increment of Rs. 2500/- two years after reaching maximum of scale. These officers will now be eligible for one additional stagnation increment of Rs. 2730/- after two years of receipt of first stagnation increment or w.e.f. 1st November 2017, whichever is later.
Provided further that the Stagnation increment/s received by the Officers from Scale I to Scale IV who are/were in service of the banks as on 1st November, 2017 as per periodicity herein before would be readjusted from three year periodicity to two year periodicity from the date of reaching their maximum and officer shall be notionally eligible for stagnation increments w.e.f. 01.11.2017 in terms of this Joint Note as per the revised periodicity which will qualify for superannuation benefits. However, monetary benefit on account of such revised and readjusted periodicity of stagnation increment/s shall be payable from 1st November 2020 or the actual date of entitlement whichever is later.
Officers in SMGS V shall be eligible for one stagnation increment of Rs. 2970/- two years after reaching the maximum of scale or w.e.f. 1st November 2020, whichever is later.
w.e.f. 01.02.2005 = Rates of D.A. per slab in new scale 0.18% of “Pay”
w.e.f. 01.11.2007 = Rates of D.A. per slab in new scale 0.15% of “Pay”
w.e.f. 01.11.2012 = Rates of D.A. per slab in new scale 0.10% of “Pay”
w.e.f. 01.11.2017 = Rates of D.A. per slab in new scale 0.07% of “Pay”
On and from 01.11.2017, Dearness Allowance shall be payable for every rise or fall of four points over 6352 points in the quarterly average of the All India Average Working class Consumer Price Index ( General ) Base 1960 = 100 at 0.07% of pay.
Pay for the purpose of Dearness Allowance shall mean Basic Pay including Stagnation Increments. Professional Qualification Pay as specified in (c) & (d) to sub-regulation (2) of Regulation 5 shall rank for Dearness Allowance.
|Major “A” Class Cities and Project Area Centers in Group A||9 % of Pay|
|Other places in Area I and Project Area Centers in Group B and state of Goa||8 % of Pay|
|Other Places||7 % of Pay|
Provided that if an officer produces a Rent Receipt, the HRA payable to him / her shall be the actual rent paid by him / her for the residential accommodation in excess over 0.50% of pay in the first stage of the scale of pay in which he/she is placed with a Maximum of 150% of the H.R.A. payable as per aforesaid rates mentioned above.
The claims of officer employees for House Rent Allowance linked to the cost of their ownership accommodation shall also be restricted to 150 % of the HRA as hitherto.
Pay for the purpose of HRA = Basic Pay, Officiating Pay etc. as will be ranking for P.F. benefits
Places in Area 1 and above; and in the State of Goa
Rs. 1400/- p.m.
Places with population of five lakhs and over and State Capitals and Chandigarh, Puducherry and Port Blair
Rs. 1150/- p.m.
Staff Circular no.6240 dated 07.09.2015
- IBA have advised payment of HRA and CCA to employees in Banks, who are parties to the Bipartite Settlement, on the basis of classification of areas depending upon the population of the Centres. The official figures as per All India Census 2011, has since been published by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India in terms of the Official Census 2011 figures, 37 places have been upgraded from a lower area to a higher area.
- A detailed list of such places is given in Annexure – I with the circular, Employees working in branches / offices in such Centres which are upgraded as per Census 2011 are eligible to be paid higher rate of HRA & CCA w.e.f. 01.03.2011.
- Annexure II attached with circular contains the list of places falling under the following categories:-
a) Major “A” Class Cities – Places with population of more than 45 lakhs.
b) Places with population of over 12 lakhs and below 45 lakhs.
c) Places with population of over 5 lakhs and below 12 lakhs.
d) Places with population below 5 lakhs.
- In respect of Centres which are downgraded as per Census 2011, lower HRA / lower CCA will have to be paid from 01.03.2011.
Location Allowance (Non-CCA Centres)
Fixed Allowances of Rs. 700/- p.m. is payable to all officers posted in areas other than the reas that are eligible for CCA. The fixed allowances shall not be reckoned for payment of DA, superannuation benefits, viz pension including NPS, PF and Gratuity.
Officers shall be paid Learning Allowance of Rs. 600/- together with applicable Dearness Allowance thereon.
|Scale I to III||16.40 % of Basic Pay + applicable Dearness Allowance thereon|
|Scale IV & V||19 % of Basic Pay + applicable Dearness Allowance thereon|
|Scale VI & VII||20 % of Basic Pay + applicable Dearness Allowance thereon|
Note: The Special allowance with applicable DA thereon shall not be reckoned for superannuation benefits, viz, Pension including NPS, PF and Gratuity.
CAIIB Part I/ JAIIB Rs. 1020 pm after one year on reaching top of the scale
CAIIB Both Parts Rs. 1020 pm after one year on reaching top of the scale
Rs. 2550 pm after two year on reaching top of the scale
An officer employee acquiring JAIIB/CAIIB (either or both parts) qualifications after reaching the maximum of the scale of pay, shall be granted from the date of acquiring such qualification the first installment of PQP and the release of subsequent installments of PQP shall be with reference to the date of release of first installment of PQP.
From 1st November 2017, Fixed Personal Allowance together with HRA is at the following Rates and shall remain frozen for the entire period of service.
|Increment Component(A)||DA as on 01.11.2017(B)||Total FPA payable where Bank’s accommodation is provided(C)|
- FPP as indicated in ‘C’ above shall be payable to those officer employees who are provided with Bank’s accommodation.
- FPP for Officers eligible for HRA shall be ‘A’ + ‘B’ plus HRA payable on the last increment of the relevant scale of pay.
- The Increment Component of FPP shall rank for superannuation benefits.
- Only officers who were in the service of the bank on or before 01.11.1993 will be eligible for FPP one year after reaching the maximum scale of pay they are placed.
Fixed Personal Pay from one cadre to higher cadre (or) from one scale to a higher scale
When employee is promoted to the next higher cadre / scale after earning FPP in the lower cadre / scale, then he would continue to get the same amount of FPP in the promoted scale (except when FPP is changed on wage revision) till such time he reaches maximum. In the promoted cadre / scale on completion of stipulated one year at the maximum of the promoted cadre / scale, he shall be sanctioned FPP as applicable to the higher cadre / scale in which he is placed. (HRMD:PAD:16594/07 dated 08.11.2007)
Group A : Rs. 600/- per month
Group B : Rs. 525/- per month
Group A: Jamshedpur, Bhilai, Bokaro, Rourkela, Durgapur, Burnpur (WB), Durg (MP) and Vishakhapatnam (AP)
Group B: Nangal Town Ship, Talwara, Khetri, Nagarjunasagar, Neyveli, BHEL (MP), Ankleshwar (Gujarat), Cambay (Gujarat), Mandi (HP), Ranchi (Bihar), Pophali (Maha), Kargal (Mysore), Pochampadu (AP), Sileru (AP).
w.e.f. 01.11.2017 – At places where special area allowance is payable in terms of Regulation 23(ii) of Officers’ Service Regulations, 1979/1982, the said allowance shall be payable at rates as in Annexure IV of joint note dated 11.11.2020, Staff Circular No. 7325 dated 24.12.2020.
w.e.f. 01.11.2020 Rs.1650/- per month.
An officer who had admitted his children in the Educational Institution at the place of posting and got transfer in the middle of the Academic Year and the officer had left the children at the place of earlier posting and joined in the new place of posting, he will be paid Mid Academic Year Transfer Allowance till completion of that academic year to avoid inconvenience to his children.
|If deputed to serve outside the Bank||7.75% of pay||Rs.6000/- p.m.|
|If deputed to an organization located in the same place of Posting/deputed to Training Establishments.||4% of pay||Rs.3000/- p.m.|
CO:IRD:3860:07 dated 26.06.2007
The amount of Officiating Allowance to officers working in higher grade / scale posts is 6% of Basic pay without any ceiling, payable pro-rata for the period the officer officiates. Officiating will rank as “Pay” for purpose of Provident Fund / Pension and not for other purposes.
SC No.2332 dated 17.07.1981, SC No.3225 dated 01.12.1987 & CO:IRD:3511:07 dated 26.06.2007
Officers working in place of BM during his leave / absence for a continuous period of not less than 7 days at a time or aggregate of 7 days during a calendar month are eligible for payment of Officiating Allowance. The amount payable is a maximum of 6% of the Basic Pay or Rs.250/- p.m. whichever is less.
Officiating Allowance under Reg.23 (iv) of OSR (SC 3665 dated 14.11.1990)
This regulation provided for officers to officiate in a higher scale, based on review of categorization of branch. BM with whose efforts the branch gets upgraded will be paid allowance equivalent to the amount under Reg.23 (iv) for a period of one year from the date of upgradation of the branch or till such time he is required to work at the concerned upgraded branch whichever is earlier. The BM should have worked at least for a period of 1 ½ years at the branch before the date of upgradation.
If officer is posted at a branch where books are closed on 31st March and 30th September, a closing allowance of Rs.250/- for each of the two closings.
Split duty allowance of Rs.300/- per month is payable.
|Places with an altitude of 1000 meters and above but less than 1500 meters and Mercara Town||2% of pay Max. Rs.1125/- p.m.|
|1500 Meters and above but less than 3000 meters||2.5% of pay Max. Rs.1500/- p.m.|
|3000 meters and above||5% of pay Max. Rs.3000/- p.m.|
Staff Circular No.6106 dated 17.06.2014 wef 01.06.2014
The employees working in MICR Centres, Service Branches, Main Branches at the station, handling CTS clearing are subject to early coming and late sitting to complete the work in order to meet the time line provided by RBI as well as NPCI / Clearing House are eligible for payment of Discomfort Allowance at the following rates:-
|Cadre||Metro Centres (Rs.)||Other Centres (Rs.)|
The said allowance will be paid to the employees for those days when they have actually attended to the work of CTS Clearing.
The age of retirement of an officer employee shall be 60 years.
10 % of Pay – The officers who are presently covered under the Bank Employees’ Pension Regulations 1995/96 shall continue to contribute 10% of the Pay towards Provident Fund and there shall be no matching contribution.
“Pay” for the purpose of Provident Fund shall mean Basic Pay including stagnation increments and Professional Qualification allowance increment component of Fixed Personal Pay and Officiating Allowance.
There shall be no provident fund to officers joining the services of banks on or after 01-04-2010. They shall be covered by a defined contributory pension scheme, where the officer will contribute 10% of pay plus dearness allowance and the bank will make a matching contribution. The scheme shall be governed by the provisions of the contributory pension scheme as introduced for employees of central government w.e.f. 01-01-2004 and modified from time to time. (SC 5677 dated 24.06.2010)
Amendment in PF rule: Staff cir no. 6866 dated 22.10.2018
– The trustee in the meeting held on 27.09.2018 decided to raise the quantum & repayment period of PF loan
– PF loan Quantum: Raised from existing 10 times to 12 times of basic
– Repayment period :Repayment period increased from 60 month to 84 months
NOTE : In case of premature adjustment of the loan the employee shall not be entitled to avail fresh loan unless a period of 6 months has elapsed from the date of availment of previous loan.
(Staff Circular no. 5956 dated 25.02.2013, 5288 dated 15.07.2006)
|NRW Quantum:||An employee, who has completed 10 years of service or is due to retire within the next 10 years, shall be eligible to avail NRW. 100% Own and Voluntary contribution as of end of previous financial year. Twice during the entire service.|
|NRW Purpose:||Purchase of house even in the joint name of Spouse. Extension / Construction of house, Repayment of housing loan For performing marriage of Son / Daughter For payment of premium on life insurance policies. Higher education of children Huge medical expenditure|
|PF Loan Quantum:||6 Basic Pay with 48 months of repayment Schedule for all approved purposes.|
|PF Loan Adjustment||Adjustment of PF loan from Withdraw-able limit of NRW|
|Second Loan||On premature adjustment of loan the employee shall not be entitled to avail fresh loan unless a period of six months has elapsed from the date of availment of previous loan.|
There will be 2 options for availment of NRW for the 3rd time as under:
- If employee avails it during last 12 months of his retirement, he will be eligible for 90% of eligible amount (PF balance as of end of previous financial year)
- If he avails it anytime before 12 months prior to retirement he will be eligible for 50% of eligible amount, after adjusting the PF loan outstanding, if any (PF balance as of end of previous financial year), and will not be eligible for any withdrawal during the last year of service.
AVERAGE MONTHLY EMOLUMENTS ( LAST 10 MONTHS) / 2 X Number of years of qualifying service with a maximum of 33 years / 33
After arriving at the Basic Pension payable, the officers will have to arrive at the amount which they are eligible for commutation of pension. The scheme contains a table given herebelow which provides the commutation factor.
|Age next Birthday||Commutation value expressed as number of year’s purchase||Age next Birthday||Commutation value expressed as number of year’s purchase||Age next Birthday||Commutation value expressed as number of year’s purchase||Age next Birthday||Commutation value expressed as number of year’s purchase|
COMMUTATION AMOUNT = 1/3 OF BASIC PENSION X 12 X COMMUTATION FACTOR
GRATUITY: REGULATION: 46 OSR: PARA 8.31 DA
Gratuity payable under Section 4 of payment of gratuity act 1972 has been raised from Rs.3.50 lac to Rs.10.00 lac w.e.f. 24.05.2010 as per SC 5680 dated 07.07.2010
10 YEARS SERVICE MUST: One month pay for every completed year of service subject to maximum of 15 months pay. If completed more than 30 years services than additional amount @ one half of a month’s pay for each completed year of service beyond 30 years. If fraction of service beyond completed years of service is 6 months or more than gratuity will be paid prorate for the period.
9 Years 6 Months or more and less than 10 Years are not eligible for Gratuity.
Employee has right to receive gratuity under the Act or under any award / settlement which is higher.
AS PER ACT (BASIC+DA+FPP(increment portion)+PQP+PLP)
GRATUITY = (BASIC+DA) X 15 / 26 X NO.OF COMPLETE YEARS OF SERVICE
AS PER RULE (BASIC+FPP(increment portion)+PQP+PLP)
GRATUITY = (BASIC X NO.OF COMPLETE YEARS OF SERVICE/2
One month pay for each completed year of service – Max. 15 month pay plus: 1/ 2 month pay for each year beyond 30 years of service.
Pay means: Average of Basic pay + Special pay + Officiating pay + PQP + Increment portion of FPP of last 12 months
Example: 10 YEARS = 10 MONTHS PAY, 15 YEARS 15 MONTHS PAY 20 YRS. /30 YRS. =15 MONTHS PAY 32 YEARS = 15 + ½ + ½ = 16 MONTHS PAY 40 YEARS = 15 + 1/2X10= 20 MONTHS PAY
Service of 6 Months and above will be reckoned as one year.
As per BPS: pay Gratuity for 10 years = 10 months pay, 15 years = 15 months pay, 20 years = 15 months pay, 30 years = 15 months pay 32 years = 15 +( 2 x 1/ 2 ) = 16 34 yrs = 15+ (10×1/2) =20 6 months + add 1 year
FORFEITURE OF TERMINAL BENEFITS UNDER VARIOUS PUNISHMENTS
|TYPE OF TERMINAL BENEFIT||FOR PUNISHMENT OF DISMISSAL||PUNISHMENT OF COMPULSORY RETIREMENT||PUNISHMENT OF REMOVAL|
|OWN CONTRIBUTION TO PF||PAYABLE||PAYABLE||PAYABLE|
|BANK’S CONTRIBUTION TO PF||Forfeited to the extent of loss||PAYABLE||PAYABLE|
|GRATUITY||a. Forfeited to the extent of loss.b. Forfeited wholly or partly if dismissed for acts involving moral turpitude or riotous behaviour.||a. Forfeited to the extent of loss.b. Forfeited wholly or partly if dismissed for acts involving moral turpitude or riotous behaviour.||a. Forfeited to the extent of loss.b. Forfeited wholly or partly if dismissed for acts involving moral turpitude or riotous behaviour.|
|PENSION (IF PENSION OPTEE)||Forfeited||PAYABLE||Forfeited|
Subscription Rs.125/- per month wef 01.11.2018 (SC no. 6869 dated 29.10.2018). In the event of members death during the period of his/her service in the Bank or to the member in the event of that member becoming physically handicapped due to serious illness, accident or otherwise resulting in loss to employment an amount of Rs.4.50 lacs will be paid to family members/ Nominees.
12 days in a calendar year with full emoluments. Credit of 12 days casual leave will be given on 1st January each year. Casual Leave cannot be combined with any other leave. Not more than 4 days casual leave may be availed at any one time.
Unavailed Casual Leave
Casual Leave not availed in any year may be accumulated maximum for 3 year and UCL unavailed for more than 3 years will lapse automatically. UCL may be suffixed or prefixed to sick leave in the following years. UCL can be availed only on Medical grounds. However, UCL can be availed for 3 days at a time without production of Medical Certificate & for absence in excess of 3 days with production of medical Certificate is necessary, by a Medical Practitioner acceptable to the Bank or at the Bank’s discretion nominated by it at its cost.
Computed at the rate of one day for every 11 days of service on duty i.e. active service. Eligible after completion of 11 months of service on duty. Credit on 1st January every year.
For crediting the P.L. the following procedure should be followed:
365 minus No. of days of absence whether on sanctioned leave or otherwise excluding C.L.. Divided by 11. Fraction if any treated as 1 day.
On or from 01.06.2015 under Regulation 33(4) of Officers Service Regulation 1979/82, Privelege Leave may be accumulated up to not more than 270 days except where leave has been applied and it has been refused. However, encashment of Privelege Leave shall be restricted up to a maximum of 240 days.
Further, in modification of Regulation 33(5) of Officers Service Regulation 1979/82, an officer desiring to avail of Privelege Leave shall ordinarily give not less than 15 days notice of his intention to avail of such leave.
30 days sick leave on ½ pay for each completed year of service –Max 540 days during entire service. Credit on 1st January every year. May be availed on submission of medical certificate.
Addl. Sick Leave
(staff circular no.4572 dated 12.11.1999)
On completion of 24 years of service and after exhausting sick leave available, additional sick leave on full pay 15 days & on half pay 30 days per year – max. 3 months.
Special Sick Leave
With effect from 01.06.2015, Special Sick Leave up to 30 days amy be granted to an officer employee once during his / her entire period of service for donation of Kidney / Organ.
- w.e.f 25.05.2015 on substantive pay, shall be granted to a female employee for a period not exceeding 6 months on any one occasion and 12 months during the entire period of service.
- Within the overall period of 12 months, Leave may also be granted in case of Miscarriage/Abortion/Medical Termination of Pregnancy .
- Within the overall period of 12 months, leave may also be granted in case of hysterectomy upto a maximum of 60 days.
In special/exceptional cases, Leave for Miscarriage/MTP/Abortion can be extended more than 6 weeks if advised by a competent medical practitioner but upto 6 months only on any one occasion within the overall limit of 12 months during the entire period of service. (staff circular no.4843 dated 17.04.2002)
Leave may be granted once in service to a childless female employee for legally adopting a child who is below one year of age for a maximum period of 6 months or till the child reaches the age of 1 year whichever is earlier. Leave will be granted for adoption of only one child and the adoption of a child should be through a proper legal process and employee should produce the adoption deed to the Bank for sanctioning such leave. The leave shall also be available to biological mother in cases where the child is born through surrogacy. The leave shall be availed within overall entitlement of 12 months during the entire period of service.
With effect from 01.06.2015, male officer employees with less than two surviving childern shall be eligible for 15 days paternity leave during his wife’s confinement. This leave may be combined with any other kind of leave except casual leave. The leave shall be applied upto 15 days before or upto 6 months from the date of delivery of the child.
Leave while adopting Family Planning Measures
- Every female employee who undergoes non-puerperal tubectomy operation is eligible for Special Casual Leave up to 14 days.
- Every female employee who had IUD insertion is eligible for 1 day Special Casual Leave.
- Employees developing post – sterilization complications may be allowed Special Casual Leave to cover the period for which she was hospitalized for a post-operative complication, on production of a medical certificate from the concerned hospital authorities.
Special Casual Leave to employee with disability appointment in the Bank
(SC No.6222 dated 03.08.2015)
- Special Casual Leave for 4 days in a calendar year will be admissible to differently abled employees for specific requirements relating to the disability of the employee, viz. renewal of disability certificate, medical check-up etc.
- Special casual leave for 10 days in a calendar year will be admissible to differently abled employees for participating in Conferences / Seminars / Training / Workshops related to disability and development, to be specified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, subject to exigencies of work.
The Competent Authority for sanction of special casual leave will be the General Manager (HR)
Special leave to Inspecting officers
( Staff circular no.3879 dated 15.12.1982)
Two days special leave to all inspecting officer on completion of Audit tour of minimum 30 days further in case where the duration of audit tour extends beyond 30 days by 15 or more days eligible for one more day of special leave.
Extra ordinary Leave
Not more than 360 days during the entire period of service or 720 days with Board permission on loss of pay, provided no ordinary leave is due to him. Not more than 90 days at a time.
- One day for the Day of Blood Donation.
- 7 days for family planning for male provided the operation is performed on himself.
- In case performed on his wife 7 day leave will be allowed to him. Every male employee whose wife undergoes non-puerperal tube-ctomy operation will be eligible for Special Casual Leave upto 7 days subject to production of Medical Certificate from the Doctor who performed the operation to the effect that the presence of – the employee was essential for the period of leave to look after his wife during the convalescence after operation.
- 14 days to female employees who undergoes family planning operation.
- For sustaining injuries in the course of duty as sanctioned by C.O.
- For participation in National / State Level / Sports meet / Cultural events / Mountaineering for actual duration of participation – 30 days in a calendar year.
- For Trade Union: for attending meetings & conferences of trade union of Bank employees.
- Office bearer of AIBOC-21 days in a year.
- Central Committee members-upto 17 days.
- Executive committee members of state level or Regional Organization- upto 17 days.
Encourage to go on leave for minimum 10 days in a year In order to rejuvenate the employees, each officer / employee be encouraged to go on leave at least for 10 days in a year ( Circular no.4912 dated 31.10.2002)
Joining Time Leave
An officer shall be eligible for joining time on one occasion and not exceeding seven days, exclusive of the number of the days spent on travel.
In calculating the joining time admissible to an Officer, the day on which he/she is relieved from his/her old post shall be excluded but public holidays following the day of his/her relief shall not be included in computing the joining time.
No joining time shall be admissible to an Officer when the transfer does not involve a posting to a different place.
No joining time will be admissible to an Officer when his posting is of a temporary nature, irrespective of the fact that the posting is to be place or station other than the one at which he is permanently posted.
No other leave to be clubbed with this leave.
To be availed within 3 months.
In terms of understanding dated 23rd February 2015, reached between IBA and Officers’ Associations every second and fourth Saturday of the month will be a holiday and other Saturdays will be full working days. IBA has initiated steps to get clearances from the RBI and Govt. of India.
Leave for going abroad
(Staff circular no.4765 dated 08.09.2001)
- It will be mandatory on the part of all employees to obtain prior permission / sanction of leave from the competent authority before leaving the country, clearly stating the period of leave proposed to be taken.
- Leave for visiting abroad to employees may be sanctioned very sparingly in consultation with the concerned Regional office/ Nodal Regional office.
- Necessary undertaking be obtained from the employee that he will not extend his leave under any circumstances or on any reason.
- Address of the employee during leave period be obtained and kept on record along with contact telephone, if any.
- After ascertaining the outstanding in various loan availed by the concerned employee suitable undertaking be obtained from him that the same may be recovered from his terminal benefits. If the balance of his provident fund is less than loan availed by him guarantees of two persons may be obtained for the amount outstanding in his own accounts.
Sabbatical / Special Leave
( SC 5203 dated 15.07.2005, SC 5840 dated 10.04.2012 )
|Sabbatical Leave||Special Leave|
|Purpose||Pursuing higher studies both inland as well as abroad||Joining Spouce abroad (for female married employees)Taking care of family in pressing conditions such as children being young in absence of any other members.Health grounds of self / dependent family members. Participation in Artistic / Cultural activities by virtue of employees possessing the talent in such fields. Assisting children who have settled abroad. Supervision of work relating to construction of house. Any other specific purpose necessitating absence from duty for a longer period.|
|Eligibility||Min. 7 years of service||Min. 7 years of service|
|Period of Leave||5 years at a time continuously and can be extended by another term of 5 years.||Minimum period of 6 months at a time and can be extended in multiple of 6 months upto 3 years. Maximum period is 3 years in service. This is applicable in case of joining spouse abroad / health grounds of self / dependent . Min. 5 years at a time and can be extended by another 5 years. Maximum period is 10 years in service. This is applicable in respect of remaining purposes.|
|Number of occasions||Two times in entire service. If rejoins duty after availment of leave will be treated as one occasion. Extension / continuation of leave will not be considered as one occasion.||Two times in entire service. If rejoins duty after availment of leave will be treated as one occasion. Extension / continuation of leave will not be considered as one occasion.|
|Continuation of leave||On expiry of leave, employee is required to join duty immediately. Competent authority may sanction special leave in continuation of sabbatical leave.||On expiry of leave, employee is required to join duty immediately. Competent authority may sanction special leave in continuation of sabbatical leave.|
|Early joining of leave||Will be permitted to rejoin only after six months.||Will be permitted to rejoin only after six months.|
|Others||The leave will be excluded for continuing of service for loans and advances, for terminal benefits, for promotions and increments. The employee is not eligible for LTC, Leave, Bonus, Ex-gratia, Medical Aid, Hospitalisation expenses, Staff welfare schemes. LFC block is extended to extent of leave availed. Not eligible for Bank’s quarters / furniture.|
Sabbatical leave for women employees
SC 5840 DATED 10.04.2012 wef 01.04.2012
|Purpose||Medical Grounds, Care of Family members or children, higher studies, visiting spouse etc.|
|Eligibility||Only for women employees, who has put in Min. of 5 years of service.|
|Period of Leave||At least 3 months at a time. Maximum 2 years in the entire career.|
|Number of occasions||No restrictions. However, leave shall not be taken more than once in a year.|
|Continuation of leave||One time extension / continuation is permitted, once in a year with the prior approval of the competent authority. However, the approval should be obtained before the expiry of the first leave period.|
|Early joining of leave||Employee can join before expiry of leave subject to sanction of competent authority. However, the minimum period spent on leave should not be less than 3 months.|
|Others||Sabbatical leave will be without pay, salary, allowances and any consequential monetary & non-monetary benefits. No increments will be earned during the leave period. The employee will rejoin at the same stage of pay as existed, at the time of her availing the Sabbatical leave. Employee on sabbatical leave shall not be eligible to participate in any promotion exercises during the leave period even if otherwise eligible. The employee shall not take up any employment / vocation / business / profession elsewhere during the sabbatical leave.|
Leaving Headquarters without permission
Regulation 13 of the union bank of India officer employees (conduct) regulations 1976 which clearly states that “NO officer employee can absent himself from duty or be late in attending office or leave the station without having first obtained the permission of the competent authority”.
It is however observed that some of the officers/ branch managers are not residing at their head quarters. it is further observed that some of the officers/ branch managers are leaving their head quarters during weekends/holidays without seeking prior permission/approval of the competent authority.
All the officers / Branch managers are therefore hereby instructed to :
– reside at the place where they are posted
– obtain written permission from the competent authority for residing at any place other than their place of posting if for some reason to the satisfaction of competent authority they are unable to stay at the place where they are posted and
– Obtain permission of the competent authority before leaving head quarters each time and communicate the fact of their leaving headquarters each time in writing to the competent authority.
On probation also & on declaration basis.
(Staff circular no.7147 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020, 6560 dt.17.02.2017 w.e.f. 01.04.2017)
|Major A class cities||Area I cities||Other Places|
|JMGS – I||45||
|MMGS – II||45||
|MMGS – III||45||
|SMGS – IV||45||
|JMGS – I – BM||55||
|MMGS – II – BM||55||
|MMGS – III – BM||55||
|SMGS – IV – BM||
|JMGS – I||
|MMGS – II||
|MMGS – III||
|SMGS – IV||
|JMGS – I – BM||
|MMGS – II – BM||
|MMGS – III – BM||
|SMGS – IV – BM||
|Principal Marketing Officer||
Major A Class Cities:
Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad
Agra, Bhopal, Coimbatore, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Surat, Vadodara, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam
It may be noted that when any particular city or Municipal Corporation or Census Town or Outgrowth form part of an Urban agglomeration that such city or Municipal Corporation or Census Town or Outgrowth can be treated as forming part of one unit.
|Not owning vehicle monetary limit||
Non Branch Heads
Terms and Conditions:
- The average normal petrol price across the country shall be arrived at on the first day of every quarter taking into consideration the per liter normal petrol price in 4 mega cities viz. Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata; the average price calculated on the first day of every quarter will be valid for that particular quarter. This exercise will be done by HR Suvidha and maximum ceilings will be fed in the Union Parivar.
- The reimbursement of conveyance charges/ petrol will be sanctioned by HR Suvidha. The officers shall submit their claim for reimbursement of petrol charges as per the normal actual petrol price prevailing in the area where they are working. The claims of the officers will be restricted to the average normal petrol price fixed by HR Suvidha on quarterly basis even though the normal actual petrol price in some areas where officer is working may be on higher side.
- The officers claiming the reimbursement of petrol for 2/4 wheeler must ensure that the vehicle is registered in his/her name and they are maintaining the vehicle at their place of postings.
- If on leave except CL, or on Training/Deputation exceeding 10 days (at a stretch or on aggregate basis), amount shall be paid on pro rata basis only. For calculation of 10 days, preceding and succeeding public holidays and weekly holidays shall be excluded. Officers necessarily have to mention the days of his/her absence in petrol reimbursement module while claiming the reimbursement.
Payment of HRA & CCA to the employees as per census 2011 : Reimbursement of petrol charges & lease rent to officers [Staff circular No 6245 dated 19.09.2015]
– Reimbursement of petrol charges under this scheme as per revised classification of area is to be made from the month of September 2015.
– Withdrawal of Cars & fixing of amount reimbursable as conveyance charges to VLB branch Heads/Chief Managers (SC 6308 dated 04.02.2016)
– Presently Bank’s cars and personal drivers are provided to majority of Branch Heads of Very Large Branches. Now, it has been decided to withdraw the facility of providing Bank’s car and personal drivers to VLB Branch Heads and fixing up of a lump-sum amount to be reimbursed as conveyance charges to such Branch Heads.
– Accordingly, all regional offices have been advised by the Support Services Department to dispose off such Bank’s car on or before 28.02.2016. It was also advised that Branch Heads of VLB branches will not be allowed to use Bank’s car, w.e.f. 01.02.2016 and no expenses on cars will be debited to expenditure account of the branch after 31.01.2016.
– In the light of withdrawal of Bank’s car, it has been decided that VLB Branch Heads and Chief Managers other than VLB Branch Heads wilt be reimbursed a lumpsum amount as conveyance charges on declaration basis.
(Staff Circular No.5250 dated 10.02.2006, 5828 dated 14.02.2012 w.e.f. 01.01.2012, 6245 dated 19.09.2015, 6308 dated 04.02.2016)
Staff Circular No.4943 dated 31.01.2003
All the officers who have been provided with the Banks Car are entitled to use the same for their personal use. In such cases they have to pay Rs.150/- p.m. for first 500 Km & 1.00 per Km. beyond 500 Km. Non AC. For AC Car Rs.200/- p.m. and Rs.1.25 per Km. unutilised mileage can be utilized with subsequent 2 months on a quarterly basis i.e. 3 months from 1st April each financial year.
Payment of Conveyance Allowance to Deaf and Dumb Employees
(Staff Cir No.6091 dated 27th May, 2014).
As per the guidelines issued by Government of India, Ministry of Finance, the Board has approved Conveyance Allowance to Deaf and Dumb employees at the rate of 5% of basic pay, subject to a maximum of Rs.400/-, w.e.f. 01.05.2014, on the following terms and conditions which are similar to that applicable to Blind and Orthopedically Challenged Employees w.e.f. 01.05.2014
a) The Conveyance Allowance will be admissible to the Deaf and Dumb Employees on the recommendations of the Head of ENT Department of a Government Civil Hospital;
b) In case of Award Staff, the Conveyance Allowance payable will be in addition to the Transport Allowance payable to all Workmen as per the Bipartite Settlement, which is currently fixed at Rs.225/- per month upto the 15th stage of Pay scale and Rs.275/- per month from the 16th stage onwards;
c) The eligible employees who are provided with Bank’s vehicle for use of the same for travel between office and residence will not be eligible for Conveyance Allowance;
d) The eligible employees who are allotted residential accommodation in the same campus of the Branch/Office of the Bank will not be eligible for the allowance;
e) The allowance will not be admissible during leave period (except casual leave), joining time or suspension.
(Staff circular no. 7141 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020)
On declaration basis
|SCALE||Executives / Officers working as Zonal Heads / Regional Heads & Branch Managers||Executives / Officers working in Administrative Offices and in Branches (Other than Branch Heads)|
Unutilised amount during financial year shall get lapsed and cannot be carried forward to subsequent year.
Previous Circular – 6233 dated 28.08.2015 wef 01.08.2015, 5823 dated 07.02.2012 wef 01.01.2012
Staff Circular No.7138 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020
With effect from 1st December 2016, Reimbursement of cost of cleaning materials to officers is revised vide staff circular no. 6489 dated 28.11.2016 as under:-
on declaration basis and on quarterly basis.
|Scale / Grade||Revised Monthly Monetary Limits|
|JMGS I||Rs 550/-|
|MMGS II & III||Rs 600/-|
|SMGS IV & V||Rs 900/-|
|TEGS VI & VII||Rs 1150/-|
The expenses shall be payable quarterly on declaration basis, and accumulation / carry forward of expenses shall be permitted for the next two quarters from the date the amount is due.
For example, the cleaning expenses for the quarter January-March, is to be claimed before the end of July- September Quarter.
Staff Circular No.7150 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020
|Scale||News Paper – on declaration basis – maximum limit per month in Rs.|
*Financial, Non-Financial Newspapers and Fortnightly / Monthly Business Magazines
^ One Financial and One Non-Financial Newspaper
(Staff circular no.7137 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020, 5870 dated 07.06.2012)
All officers are eligible once in 3 years
|Scale VII||Rs. 10000/ – |
(Competent authority may use his discretion for higher amount upto 25%)
Next purchase of brief case will be after three year of previous purchase.
HAND BAG FOR FEMALE OFFICERS – Since more females are joining the bank it has now been felt that the female officers who are eligible for briefcase may be allowed for reimbursement against the hand bag in place of briefcase. Staff Circular No.6363 dated 13.05.2016
From 1st November 2017
JM & MM GRADES ( I to III ) Rs.10300/- per annum
SM & TE GRADES ( IV & above ) Rs.12300/- per annum
Accumulation Maximum upto 3 years. It will lapse automatically if not availed. In case of death of an officer, the balance medical aid amount is to be paid to the legal heir. (SC No.2974 dated 31.05.1986)
(w.e.f. 01.11.2020) as under:
Officers in Scale IV & above – Rs.30000/-
Officers in Scale I/II/III – Rs.25000/-
An officer on transfer will be eligible to draw a lumpsum amount for expenses connected with packaging, local transportation, insuring the baggage etc. as indicated above.
(Staff circular no.4444 dated 21.04.1998)
The eligibility guidelines for mode of travel remain same as in case of travel on tour. Apart from the entitled to reimbursement for transport of House hold goods Transportation of Baggage by goods Train ( SC no.5372 dated 02.04.2007 & 5791 dated 24.09.2011) wef 01.04.2011.
With family Without family
Basic up to 19400 per month 3000 kgs. 1500 kgs.
Basic 20100 per month & above full wagon (224 quintals) 2500 kgs.
Distance in Kms. Rupee per tonne per Km.(*)
Up to 2000 Kms. Rs.2.80
Beyond 2000 Kms. Rs.2.00
*Officers transferred in and out of hilly terrains- two times the applicable rate. The above rates will apply on a slab basis. Minimum threshold limit of distance is 300 Kms.
(w.e.f. 01.06.2015 )
|Metro||Major A||Area I||Other Places|
|Scale VI and above||Rs.2700.00||Rs.1950.00||Rs.1650.00||Rs.1425.00|
|Scale IV and V||Rs.2250.00||Rs.1950.00||Rs.1650.00||Rs.1425.00|
|Scale I, II, III||Rs.1950.00||Rs.1650.00||Rs.1425.00||Rs.1200.00|
Provided that where the total period of absence is less than 8 hours but more than 4 hours, halting allowance at half of the above rates shall be payable. Payment of the Halting Allowance pursuant to Census 2011 (Staff Circular No.6248 dated 06.10.2015)
If Travels beyond 8 Km & Beyond municipal limits and urban agglemoration For All Officers
|Within same station (Above 8 Kms.) Returns to HQ on same day itself||Outside Head Quarters|
|HALF DAY||ONE DAY FULL||HALF DAY||ONE DAY FULL|
|More than 4.00 Hours (4.01+) & less than 8.00 Hours (7.59 Hrs) If 4.00 Hours exactly no halting allowance are to be paid||Exactly 8.00 Hours and more upto any no. of hours on the same day Will get one day||More than 4.00 Hours (4.01+) & less than 8.00 Hours (7.59 Hrs) If completes 8.00 Hours will get full day||If returns to head quarters: After exactly 8.00 Hours or more or within 24.00 Hours one day If exceeds 24 Hours i.e. 25, 26 Hours etc. 2 Days halting to be paid|
If leaves head quarter; His absence in head quarter is to be arrived first i.e. if he is not in head quarter for 24 hours, pay one day halting allowance and if exceeds 24 hours but less than 48 hours, will be paid two days halting allowance.
If his absence in head quarter is 8 days and if he stayed 3 days in hotel there, he is entitled for 3 days hotel and the remaining 5 days halting allowance of that area, plus ¼ diem allowance, if submitted boarding bills – please tally his total absence in head quarter in hours. One unit must be 8 hours or 24 hours & so on.
(Staff circular no.7149 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020, 5476 dt. 26.02.2008) w.e.f. 01.02.2008
|Metro||Major A||Area I||Other Places|
|MMGS II & III||2400||2400||1600||1200|
|SMGS IV & V||4000||4000||2400||2000|
|TEGS VI & VII||8500||6800||3400||3000|
Agra, Bhopal, Coimbatore, Indore, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Surat, Vadodara, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam
Major A Class Cities:
Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore
It may be noted that when any particular city or Municipal Corporation or Census Town or Outgrowth form part of an Urban agglomeration that such city or Municipal Corporation or Census Town or Outgrowth can be treated as forming part of one unit.
- Staff members eligible for hotel expenses during their official travel should get the proper printed bill from the Hotel. No hotel expenses are payable on declaration.
- It is pertinent to mention that GST details of Bank & Hotel is a must in the hotel bill to claim the expenses.
- It is further clarified that some hotels charge service charges or any other surcharges in addition to GST. Any tax/charge other than GST is not eligible for reimbursement.
- Staff members are also advised to check the hotel bill carefully and should also ensure to obtain the payment proof for amount paid, before checking out.
- Bookings made through hotel website, mobile apps etc should be accompanied by GST Invoice for sanctioning GST charges.
Payment of Hotel expenses (SC 6248 dated 06.10.2015 para 3) Attention of staff members is drawn to Staff Circular no.6245 dated 19.09.2015 advising for payment of reimbursement of Petrol charges as well as reimbursement of Leased Accommodation in personal name w.e.f. September, 2015 as per revised classification of areas. In addition to above two benefits, Hotel Expenses which is also a part of Bank Level Scheme will be paid w.e.f. September, 2015 as per revised classification of areas.
The Lodging Expenses for first 15 days was discontinued while on Transfer. Staff Circular no.5811 dated 21.12.2011 w.e.f. 21.12.2012.
First Class / AC II tier Sleeper by Train, Travel by Air (economy class) if permitted by Competent authority, having regard to the exigencies of business or public interest.
First Class / AC II tier Sleeper by Train. However travel by air (Economy class) if the distance to be traveled is more than 1000 kms. May travel for a shorter distance if so permitted by competent authority, having regard to the exigencies of business or public interest.
May travel by train AC First Class or by Air (Economy class) – may travel by Car between places not connected by Air or Rail, provided distance does not exceed 500 kms.
– Any other officer may be authorised by the Competent Authority, having regard to the exigencies of business, to travel by his own vehicle or by taxi or by the Bank’s Vehicle.
Please note vide Staff Circular no.4311 dated 15.10.1996, it is clarified that Officers up to Scale IV will not be permitted to travel by air for the purpose of attending Training / Seminars both internal or specialized institutions.
In order to control the Travelling Expenses a few measures have been suggested vide DP:PAD:990:2015 dated 16.01.2015 towards Control on Travelling Exp are given herein below :-
1) As far as possible the programme be made well in advance and tickets be booked promptly after tour is finalized so that benefit of cheaper fare may be availed.
2) In Central Office, a Travel Desk has been set up in Support Services Department (Refer their communication No. SSD: EXF: 5703: 15 dated 12.01.2015). For official visit the Central Office tickets will be booked by this Desk. All staff members are advised to avail this facility.
3) Tour Programme should be approved by only eligible class /mode of travel through a direct and shortest route. Please note that in case of training the officers upto Scale – IV are not eligible to travel by Air so permission for the same be avoided. (Also refer Circular letter No.324/2014 dated 12.04.2014 in this regard).
Reimbursement of Travelling expenses to officers who are permitted to use their own vehicle for office duty and on transfer in terms of regulation 41 (2) (II) and 42(2) (III) & (IV) (Staff circular no.5939 dated 07.01.2013)
TYPE OF VEHICLE RATE PER K.M.
Four Wheeler- Engine Capacity of 1000 CC or more Rs.9.00
Four Wheeler- Engine Capacity of less than 1000 CC Rs.7.00
Motor Cycle & Scooter Rs.4.50
Road (or cost of road which is lower) Rs.1.20
The competent authority to permit, use of own vehicle for official purposes to officers working in the Zone shall be the Field General Manager.
During each block of 4 years, an officer shall be eligible for LTC for travel to his place of domicile (hometown) once in each block of two years. Alternatively, he may travel in one block of two years to his place of domicile (hometown) and in the another block of two years to any place in India by the shortest route.
First class/ IInd AC sleeper by train or Air Economy class. In case of travel by air, reimbursed will be the actual fare of 1st class AC of train or economy airfare whichever is less. Free to travel by any mode (eg. Taxi) but reimbursement restricted to class & mode of travel. Entitled to helicopter service between Jammu & Vaishno Devi.
Scale II / III
First class/ IInd AC sleeper / Air Economy class. In case of travel by air, reimbursed will be the actual fare of 1st class AC of train or economy airfare whichever is less. May travel by Air Economy class if more than 1000 km. (Economy class) even for a shorter distance if permitted by Competent authority.
Scale IV & above
AC FIRST CLASS by train or AIR Officers can also undergone journey by personal car after obtaining prior approval from competent authority in which case reimbursement shall be @ 1 litre of petrol for every 8 kms. Or actual expenses incurred, whichever is less.
- Encashment of PL with a maximum of 15 days in each such block of 2 years or 30 days in one block.
- The mode and class by which an officer may travel on LTC shall be the same as in the case of travel on transfer.
- Family for LTC will include spouse, dependent children / parents / brothers / sisters / widow / deserted daughters/sisters orderly residing and wholly dependent on office employee. Dependents income should not be more than 10000/- per month. Female employee can include either parents or parents in law but not both. Parents or parents in law should ordinarily be residing with the female employee.
OTHER SALIENT FEATURES OF LFC
- Officers need not accompany his family on either leg of the journey. The period between date of commencement of journey by the family and the date on which officer himself returns from his journey or vice-versa should not exceed four months. This facility is not available in LFC for home town.
- Official may be reimbursed with the fare incurred for sight seeing / places enroute/ destination within the overall entitlement of fare and class.
- LFC can be availed on any kind of Leave namely viz. CL/PL/Sick Leave (on Doctors recommendation) for minimum of one day. No ceiling for maximum days on leave.
- AUTO CREDIT OF TE ADVANCE & LFC ADAVANCE – From 02.05.2016 onwards no manual vouchers are to be passed for TE/TA and LFC advance sanctioned by the competent authority. On approval of TE/TA and LFC advance application, system will pass necessary debit and credit entries. [Staff circular 6342 dated 26.4.2016]
- The facilities to visit overseas countries / centre under LTC have been discontinued vide Circular no. DP:PAD:1491:2014 dated 10/04/2014.
w.e.f. 01.06.2015 – Alternatively, An officer, by exercising an option anytime during a 4 year block or two year block, as the case may be, surrender and encash his LTC (other than travel to place of domicile) which he shall be entitled to receive an amount equivalent to eligible fare for the class of travel by train to which he is entitled up to a distance of 4500 kms. (One way) for officer in JMGS scale I and MMGS Scale II and III and 5500 kms (one way) for officers in SMG scale IV and above.
An officer opting to encash his LTC shall prefer the claim for himself/herself and his/her family members only once during the block/term in which such encashment is availed of. The facility of encashment of privilege leave while availing of Leave Fare Concession is also available while encashing the facility of LFC. LFC encashment & encashment of PL are fully Taxable.
- Once in 4 years of block or twice in 2 years block.
- Not to exceed 30 days in a block of 4 years.
- Amount is Taxable.
- Amount equivalent to previous month of Gross Salary.
Corporate deal with airlines
(Staff circular no.4778 dt. 28.09.2001 & 5630 dated 02.12.2009, 5677 dated 24.06.2010)
- While booking air tickets through Agents / directly, it is to be ensured that all such tickets booked for official work as well as LFC should bear the specified code and the sanctioning authority should not approve reimbursement of air tickets which do not bear the said code.
- These airlines have assigned following codes for the Bank: –
JET AIRWAYS CODE: 9W0347002
INDIGO CODE: UBI01
JET LITE CODE: S20347002
INDIAN AIRLINES CODE: B O67
(Staff Circular No.7325 dated 24.12.2020)
For the purpose of medical facilities and for the purpose of leave fare concession, the expression “Family” of an officer shall mean-
An officer’s spouse, wholly dependent unmarried children (including step children and legally adopted children), wholly dependent physically challenged and mentally challenged brother / sister with 40% or more disability, widowed daughters and dependent divorced / separated daughters, sisters including unmarried / divorced / abandoned or separated from husband / widowed sisters as also parents wholly dependent of the officer.
The term wholly dependent family member shall mean such member of the family having a monthly income not exceeding Rs.12000/- p.m. If the income of one of the parents exceeds Rs.12000/- p.m. or the aggregate income of both the parents exceeds Rs.12000/- p.m., both the parents shall not be considered as wholly dependent on the officer.
A married female employee may include her natural parents or parents-in-law under the definition of the family, but not both, provided that the parents / parents-in-law are wholly dependent on her.
Note:- For the purpose of medical expenses reimbursement scheme, for all employees, i.e. male/female any two of the dependent parents / parents-in-law shall be covered.
The officer employee will have the choice to substitute either of the dependents or both. Physically challenged children of employee to be defined as dependents irrespective of age or marital status, subject to income criteria.
SC 7145 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020
Officers and Executives in all Scales (except those Officers in Scale I to III posted at Central Office) are eligible for reimbursement of expenses for purchase of Mobile Handsets once in 3 years.
The ceiling fixed for provision of handsets to various categories of officer/executive (exclusive of GST) is as under:
|Categories of Officer/Executive||Amount (in Rs.)|
|JMGS l to MMGS III||3500|
|SMGS – IV||10000|
|SMGS-V (excluding RHs)||15000|
|Regional Heads/Dy. General Mangers||30000|
|Security officers, PROs, LDMs, RCC Heads in JMGS-I, MMGS-II and MMGS-III||6000|
On purchase of new handset, officers/ executives to make ‘online’ application through ‘Union Parivaar’. Original bill from Dealer showing
name of Officer/ Executive, to be submitted. The bill mandatorily should have printed GST Number of the vendor. The bill should invariably mention Union Bank of India GSTIN number. It may be noted that the Bank will not reimburse GST amount, if the Bank’s GSTIN number is not mentioned in the bill.
The life span of the handset is considered good for a period of three years. As such, Officers/ Executives eligible for handsets are allowed to purchase new Mobile Set of any model of their choice once in three years within the ceiling fixed above or at a higher price at their discretion. However, reimbursement shall be restricted to the ceiling fixed.
The existing handset provided to the Officers/ Executives should be three years old to become eligible for purchase of new handset as per the Scheme. Period of three years shall be calculated from the date of last purchase.
Depreciation to be charged for all mobile handsets at 33.33%.
Expenses in this regard are to be debited to Expenditure Head (exclusive of amount of GST).
On transfer, officers/ executives are allowed to carry their mobile handsets to the new place of posting.
On superannuation, officers / executives concerned are allowed to retain the mobile handsets provided to them.
Provision of Reimbursement of Mobile Bill for officers
Staff Circular No.7144 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020
The monthly monetary limit fixed for reimbursement of mobile call charges to various categories of officer / executive is as follows:
|Scale||Reimbursement of actual amount on production of bills (amounts specified are exclusive of taxes)||Amount on declaration basis|
|Marketing Officers, |
Relationship Officers, FireSafety Officers, ElectricalOfficer in CO, Cash VanOfficers, Officers of CBS
|Billing or prepaid: Actual charges
upto maximum amount of 700/-
|Rs. 700/- on declaration basis+ GST|
|Branch Heads in Scale I,
|Mobile Bill – Billing or prepaid:
Actual charges upto maximum
Sc. I – 900/-
Sc. II – 1100/-
Sc. III – 1300/ –
|Rs. 700/- on declaration basis+ GST|
|Other Officers in Scale I, II, III||Mobile Bill – Billing or prepaid:
Actual charges upto maximum amount of
Sc. I – 600/-
Sc. II – 900/-
Sc. III – 1100/-
|Officers working in CO, ROs, FGMOs, Metro & Urban branches :
Rs. 500 on declaration basis + GST
Other Officers working in branches including
service branches in Rural and Semi Urban centres:
Rs. 400/- on declaration basis+ GST
SC no. 7148 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020, IC no.6768 dated 15.11.2003
All officers are eligible
|ITEM||100 CARDS||200 CARDS||300 CARDS||400 CARDS||500 CARDS|
|IMPORTED IVORY CARDS||315/-||380/-||440/-||500/-||560/-|
|NON TEARABLE PLASTIC CARD||320/-||380/-||440/-||500/-||560/-|
(Staff Circular No. 7139 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020, 5322 dated 31.10.2006)
|Officers eligible for Reimbursement of Club admission fees||Admission fees||Annual Subscription fees|
|Rs.||All Places in Rs.|
|B.M. of Small Branches||800||1000|
|B.M. of Medium Branches||900||1000|
|B.M. of Large Branches||900||1000|
|B.M. of Excep. Large Branches||1200||1200|
|Officers in scale IV & V||1200||1200|
|Officers in Scale VI||1200||1500|
|Officers in Scale VII||1200||1500|
(Staff circular no.7143 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020)
|Scale / Cadre||Mumbai & Delhi||Other
Patna, Guwahati & Bhubaneshwar
10 lacs &
above & State
in Group A
|JMGS – I||15750||13650||11300||9750||7500||6600|
|JMGS – I Branch Head||16250||14000||12350||10400||8000||7000|
|MMGS – II||16406||14000||12350||10400||8000||6900|
|MMGS – II Branch Head||16800||15400||13000||11050||8500||7200|
|MMGS – III||17062||14000||12350||10500||8500||7000|
|MMGS – III Branch Head||17500||15400||13000||11050||9000||7500|
|SMGS – IV||19031||15650||13750||12500||9400||9400|
|SMGS – IV Branch Head||19500||16000||14000||13000||9900||9900|
|SMGS – V||26250||21000||15000||14600||11900||11900|
|SMGS – V Regional Head||26250||26250||18250||18250||14875||14875|
*Categorization of Places defined as A, B, C, D, E, F in the above chart will be as under for the purpose of leased accommodation:-
- Mumbai & Delhi (will include Gurugram, Noida, Greater Noida and Faridabad)
- Other Major ‘A’ Class Centres:- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, Surat.
- Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchakula, Jammu, Panjim, Patna, Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar
- Places with population 10 Lacs & above (As defined under Staff Circular No. 6240 dated 05.09.2015), all State Capital, Branches in Goa, Union territories, Guntur
- Special Centres a Project Area Centres in Group A- Ernakulam, Tirupur, Shirdi, Jamshedpur, Bhilai, Bokaro, Rourkela, Durgapur
- All other places not included in the above categories.
- If any Officer owns a house in the city of his/her posting, he/she is not eligible for leased accommodation.
- If any Officer is having accommodation in the name of his/her spouse or if spouse is provided with residential accommodation from his/her employer, staff is not eligible for leased accommodation in the same city.
- If parents of the Officer own any accommodation in a city where the Officer is posted, normally the officer is not eligible for lease rent facility. However, sanctioning authority may permit the lease rent facility in exceptional cases, subject to satisfaction of the Sanctioning Authority of the reasons for staying in / availing a separate accommodation on lease rent basis at the centre/place.
- If both wife and husband are working in the same place and one of them is provided with leased accommodation by the Bank / other Bank / any other Organization, the spouse is not eligible for leased accommodation.
- Employees who have been placed under suspension may also be paid lease rent amount, provided the lease facility has been sanctioned prior to date of suspension. Renewal of lease facility shall also be allowed during the period of suspension; however, sanction for fresh lease shall not be permitted. This clause shall be applicable prospectively.
- Maximum six months’ eligible rent is provided as refundable security deposit. However, Sanctioning Authority of respective Region / Zone shall decide the amount of security deposit depending upon the prevailing rate in the area, subject to maximum of six months’ rent.
- Officer on probation are not eligible for any security deposit.
- Where an Officer is provided with residential accommodation by the Bank, a sum equal to 1.2% of the basic pay in the first stage of the scale of pay in which the officer is placed or standard rent for the accommodation, whichever is less, will be recovered from him.
- If the annual rent paid by the employee exceeds Rs.2,40,000/- per annum, it is mandatory for the employee to report PAN of the landlord to the employer. This limit of Rs.2,40,000/- is derived from the limit till which tax deduction was exempted as per Income Tax Act w.e.f. 15th April, 2019 and hence PAN of the landlord is required only if rent exceeds Rs. 2,40,000/p.a. However, this limit is subject to revision as per Income Tax guidelines.
- Leave and Licence Agreement should mandatorily be executed in the name of the Officer as Licensee singly, who is availing the lease rent facility from the Bank.
- Brokerage shall be paid only in Urban and Metro centers to the extent of one month rent eligibility. The brokerage shall be paid only one time at the time of new application for rent facility and not on renewal, at a particular place of posting, subject to production of valid bill & receipt.
Residential Accomodation – Payment of Rent
HRMD:PAD:3052:2007 dated 11.10.2007 Payment of rent deposit for not exceeding 6 months rent to confirmed officers only, even if residential quarters are taken in personal name. Probationary officers can be paid soon after confirmation in the Bank service.
Payment of lease rentals for residential accommodation to officers – (Staff Circular No.6370 dated 25.05.2016)
1. As per Regulation 22(2) of Union Bank of India (Officers’) Service Regulations 1979, every officer of the Bank is entitled to get House Rent Allowance. It is also provided that those officers who have not been provided with Bank’s quarters and submit rent receipts, will be entitled for House Rent allowance at higher rates. Further, vide Staff Circular no.2313 dated 05.06.1981 it was clarified that any officer who resides in a house wholly owned by his father / mother / spouse and children can get HRA on higher rates at the basis of rent receipts obtained by them from the owner.
2. In terms of Regulation 25 of Union Bank of India (Officers’) Service Regulations, 1979, the Bank is providing residential accommodation to all eligible Officers subject to availability. However, where the Bank does not have suitable accommodation, either on ownership basis or on lease basis which can be provided as residential accommodation, the officers are allowed to arrange residential accommodation on their own, on lease basis and seek reimbursement within the monetary ceiling fixed by the Bank, from time to time.
3. However, it is clarified that in the following conditions, the Bank Officer will not be eligible to get reimbursement of lease rent:
a) If an officer takes leased accommodation for a house owned by his father / mother / spouse / children.
b) If an officer takes leased accommodation of a house owned by his close relative where the house owner resides with him.
(Staff Circular No.7142 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020)
|Maximum Monetary Limits||Grade / Scale (Amount in Lakhs)|
|TEGS VII||TEGS VI||SMGS V||SMGS IV||MMGS III||MMGS II||JMGS I|
(Limits are exclusive of GST / Taxes as applicable from time to time)
Terms / Conditions
- An officer will be eligible to avail this facility after completion of 2 years in the Bank’s services or confirmation, whichever is earlier.
- The officers can seek replacement of the furniture items after a period of 10 Years. The limits shall be reinstated item wise every 10 years from the date of sanction of amount.
- The officer can purchase any of the furniture items/ appliances of household use. Employees to ensure that they purchase the items falling within the purview of furniture items/ appliances of household use only.
- As far as possible only branded items to be purchased except in case of wooden furniture.
- Under Regulation 19 (3) of Union Bank of India Officers Service Regulations, 1979, a deduction of 0.40 % of the first stage of scale of pay in which the Officer is placed, shall be effected for the provision of furniture items to Officers.
- The cost of no individual item should be more than 50% of the total limit applicable for the officer/executive concerned.
- On promotion /upon enhancement of limit the officer will be permitted to purchase new items for the difference amount subject to maximum ceiling applicable to the respective Grade/Scale of the officer. The officer can purchase furniture items at his place of choice.
- The Bank would not reimburse any annual maintenance contract charges and the same will be borne by the Officer. However, in respect of wooden furniture items, polishing charges maximum up to 5% of furniture cost excluding GST will be allowed once in three years on actual basis on production of bills.
- For unbranded items three quotations are to be obtained and the lowest quotation be approved by the Competent Authority for acquiring the Furniture.
- Officers can purchase branded items in his/her name through e shopping and in that case he /she has to submit a copy of e-bill for the said purchase duly signed by him/her along with proof of payment made by him/her to online seller of the product for reimbursement. No advance in this case will be allowed. Invoice/e bill not having the name of staff as buyer will not be considered for reimbursement. Payment to the vendor done by officer employee through any digital payment mode is to be routed through his/her account only. Copy of bill along with Statement of Account, through which the payment has been made to be produced as proof of payment.
- Wherever furniture items are purchased from registered vendors under GST, quotation/ bill mandatorily should have printed GST Number of the vendor. Union Bank of India GSTIN number should invariably be mentioned by the vendors both in the quotation and in the final bill/ invoice. It may be noted that Bank will not reimburse GST amount, if the Bank’s GSTIN number is not mentioned in the final bill.
- Officers are not permitted to avail limit afresh 3 months prior to superannuation. However, the same may be permitted in exceptional circumstances by General Manager (HR) on a case to case basis.
- The sanctioning of furniture items should not amount to financing of existing furniture and should be utilised for purchase of new items only.
- At the time of retirement / voluntary retirement/ resignation etc., the recovery under the Scheme shall be as under:
|Age of furniture from the date of sanction||Superannuation/ VRS/ Resignation|
|Less than or equal to 3 years||Book Value|
|More than 3 years but less than or equal to 5 years||50% of BV|
|More than 5 years||No recovery|
- At the time of retirement on superannuation/ VRS or resignation before completion of 5 years from the date of sanction, the value of furniture arrived at as per the above table shall be treated as the sale value of furniture, however, taxes, if any, on such value shall be borne by the Bank.
- In respect of Officers terminated from the services by way of punishment (Dismissal/ CRS/ Removal), the amount of recovery shall be to the extent of the book value of the furniture.
- In case of death of the Officer while in service, the family of the deceased officer i.e. Spouse or the PF nominee will be given furniture already purchased by that Officer free of cost and the Book value of the items will be written off from the Bank’s books.
- Officers under suspension against whom disciplinary action is Contemplated / pending will not be eligible for provision of furniture items during suspension period. However officers against whom disciplinary action is concluded and appropriate penalty is imposed will be eligible for provision of furniture items.
- The furniture items are to be treated as perquisite in terms of Income Tax Act, 1961 and shall attract Section 17 (2) of the Income Tax, Act, 1961 for computation of payment of tax.
- Misuse of the facility will amount to misconduct and the Officer will be liable to appropriate disciplinary action in terms of Union Bank of India Officer Employees’ (Discipline & Appeal) Regulations, 1976.
- In case both husband and wife are working in officer cadre in the bank, both of them can avail this facility but for different items.
- After completion of 10 years of availing the furniture item/s, no amount needs to be recovered/deposited from /by these officers as the same gets written off in the books of the bank by way of depreciation.
- Furniture items purchased by officers as per the Scheme are to be controlled with all the details regarding sanction, disbursement and items of furniture at the Branch where the Officer is posted while availing the facility and the Furniture Register should be updated in Union Parivaar. The physical records of sanction/ purchase / bills etc. shall be maintained at the office / branch level.
- The branches/ offices are required to make post disbursement inspections to ensure that the items are purchased by the officers as per the applications made by them.
Previous Circular – 5615 dated 26.09.2009, 5515 dated 31.07.2008 w.e.f. 01.07.2008, Staff Circular No.6900 dated 17.12.2018
HRA @0.75% of 1st stage of the scale or standard rent whichever is lower.
FRR @0.40% of 1st stage of the scale of pay in which the officer is placed.
Previous Circular – 5615 dated 26.09.2009, 5515 dated 31.07.2008 w.e.f. 01.07.2008, Staff Circular No.6900 dated 17.12.2018
(Staff circular no.4397 dated 17.10.97)
|Living Area (sq. mtrs.)*||Sq. Feet||STANDARD RENT (Rs.)||The ‘Living Area’ will be determined on the following basis :|
|Upto 50||538.89||113||Main Building :(a) Rooms, Kitchen, Bath, Laterine, Store & enclosed Veranda : 100% of the floor area(b) Veranda, Corridors & Barsati : 25% of the floor area(c) Porch : 12.5% of the floor area(d) Court Yard Pucca : 5% of the floor areaOut Houses :(a) Rooms : 25% of the floor area(b) Veranda : 12.5% of the floor area|
|51 to 60||645.60||135|
|61 to 75||807.00||157|
|76 to 90||968.40||209|
|106 to 120||1291.20||296|
|121 to 150||1614.00||362|
|151 to 180||1936.00||433|
|181 to 225||2421.00||510|
|226 to 300||3228.00||728|
|301 to 400||4304.00||901|
|401 to 550||5918.00||1073|
|Beyond 550||Beyond 5918||1250|
(*) 1 Sq. Mt. = 10.76 Sq. Ft.
(Staff circular no.7134 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020, 7216 dated 29.06.2020)
All confirmed officers or officers having 2 years of active service, whichever is less, are eligible for purchase of Motor Car and any other conveyance i.e. Motor Cycle / Scooter.
|Max loan amount||Interest rate||Remarks|
|Motor Car||Rs.10.00 lac||5.5% simple
wef 1st July 2020
|Margin 10% Max. rep. period = 200 months (7:3) Net take home 65% Second hand car should not be more than 10 years old & Margin will be 20%|
|Two wheeler||Rs.1.00 lac||5.5% simple
wef 1st July 2020
|Margin 10% Max. rep period = 84 months (5:1)Second hand vehicle should not be more than 5 years old & Margin will be 20%|
In case of Rural Development Officers and Marketing Officers the maximum amount of loan for purchase of motor cycle/ scooter shall be 90% of the cost of the vehicle or Rs.2,00,000/- whichever is lower.
Officers are allowed to avail both four-wheeler and two-wheeler loans simultaneously/separately to the extent of limit prescribed for each type of vehicle.
Period of 4 years should lapse for availment of second/subsequent loan for same type/ category of vehicle i.e. one two-wheeler to next two-wheeler loan and one four wheeler loan to next four-wheeler loan separately.
Repayment tenure in case staff conveyance loan is extended beyond retirement date of the employee and upto the age of 70 years•
- Officer employees are permitted to avail staff conveyance loan with repayment period beyond the age of retirement. An Officer employee has to avail this loan before the date of his/her superannuation with repayment period upto the age of 70 years or the repayment period as stipulated for the respective two wheeler / four wheeler loan, whichever is earlier. Retiring Officers should submit their conveyance loan applications preferably 30 days prior to their retirement. No request for granting Staff Conveyance loan shall be entertained after the date of retirement;
- Sanctioning Authority while sanctioning the loans with repayment beyond the age of retirement, should be satisfied with regard to the income (pension, regular income from other sources etc.) of the concerned Officer employee;
- In case of Officers with less number of years of service than the stipulated repayment period, the repayment period shall be extended up to maximum 70 years of age (including VRS Cases) provided, the Officer should provide deposit equal to the outstanding loan amount from his terminal benefits or where the retiring officer employee owns a house acquired by availing Staff Housing Loans, the same shall be held as continuing security towards conveyance loan till its repayment.
- If the Officer employee ceases to be in Bank’s services, after availing the staff conveyance loan with repayment tenure beyond the superannuation age, due to Resignation or due to Removal / Compulsory Retirement / Dismissal or any other reason, he/she will not be allowed to continue the staff conveyance loan and has to adjust the entire loan;
- The above extended repayment upto the age of 70 years is applicable to new loans sanctioned after the effective date of amalgamation and is not applicable to the existing loans.
- Officers who had availed vehicle loan under the loan scheme as available for Public (eg. Union Miles in Union Bank of India or any other Conveyance Loan Scheme of Andhra Bank & Corporation Bank for general public), conversion of such loans to Staff Conveyance Loan is allowed after the concerned Officer becomes eligible for Staff Conveyance Loan under the scheme, subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria of the scheme.
Previous Circular – 5937 dated 07.01.2013, Staff Circular No.6727 dated 09.01.2018)
(Staff circular 7140 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020, 6234 dated 28.08.2015, 6160 dated 15.01.2015, 5663 dated 19.04.2010 & 5936 dated 07.01.2013 wef 01.01.2013, 6244 dated 18.09.2015, SC No.6585 dated 22.03.2017, 7216 dated 29.06.2020)
All confirmed employees, or, Officers having completed 2 years of service and Award staff having completed 6 months of service, whichever is earlier; subject to satisfactory service record of the applicant.
Quantum / Limit of Loan
Officers – TEGS – VI & VII Rs 80 lacs
TEGS – V Rs 70 lac
JMGS – I & MMGS – II & III & SMGS IV Rs 60 lacs
Rate of Interest (wef 1st July 2020)
5.5% (simple) up to Rs 40.00 lacs
6.0% (simple) above Rs 40.00lacs
Margin 10 %
Loan availed beyond 20 years of repayment schedule – 2:1
Loan availed up to 20 years of repayment schedule – 3:1
Recovery to start 2 years after first disbursement or 6 months after completion of house whichever is earlier.
Total deduction should not exceed 60 % of gross salary including Interest on COD & interest of proposed Housing Loan.
Removal of cap
Cap of 5 years of minimum remaining service for sanction of housing loan with extended repayment period to the employees who have already attained the age of 55 years is removed. To avail the facility, an employee has to fulfill any one of the following conditions:-
- Ready to move House / Flat – In case where EM can be created instantly, Housing loan can be considered up to 3 months prior to retirement of the employee.
- Under Construction flat by the builder – Where EM cannot be created instantly on the prime security, employee has to provide alternate collateral security of the equivalent value for the interim period.
- Construction of house on the plot already owned by the employee – The disbursement will be allowed after creation of EM on the plot already owned by the employee and the construction thereon must be completed within 1 year or before retirement, whichever is earlier. No disbursement of loan for construction will be allowed after the date of retirement.
Increase in repayment period beyond retirement up to 75 years
– Repayment period will not be extended beyond 360 months or 75 years of age whichever is less.
– Repayment schedule upto 75 years of age is available only in respect of housing loan sanctioned on or after 15.01.2015.
Staff housing loan fo acquiring 2nd house / home
– Staff members who have remaining 5 years of service and have availed staff housing loan in the past. Can avail under revised quantum.
– While calculating the repayment capacity of the employee, the income of spouse will be considered.
Staff housing loan for both husband and wife working in the Bank
– Both husband and wife working in the Bank can avail staff housing loan in their individual capacities as per their eligibility / repaying capacity. However, both husband and wife together cannot avail housing loan for more than 2 dwelling houses.
Change in loan composition ratio for purchase of plot / land & construction –
Component ratio is revised to 50:50 – Now, maximum amount of loan towards the cost of land can be allowed up to 50% of the project cost or the eligible limit, whichever is lower, and the balance amount of limit will be available towards construction of house.
For other details please read circular. Other terms & conditions of the Staff Housing Loan Scheme will remain unchanged.
For repair & renovation & Extension of House
Quantum / Limit of Loan – Rs.15.00 lacs
Rate of Interest – Base Rate or 8 % simple whichever is lower.
Margin – 10 %
Repayment Period – 240 instalments (3:1) or remaining years of service whichever is less.
Enhancement in Staff Housing Loan for Repairs & Renovation for Officers from the existing limit of Rs.10 lakh to Rs.15 lakh and extension of repayment period up to 70 years of age is circulated vide Staff Circular No.6899 dated 17.12.2018.
Staff circular no.7135 dated 27.03.2020 wef 01.04.2020, 7216 dated 29.06.2020
All confirmed officers having completed 2 years of active service are eligible.
|Scale / Service||Up to 4 years||Above 4 Years|
|Scale I to V||8 lacs||11 lacs|
|Scale VI & VII||15 lacs||15 lacs|
Interest rate applicable is 7.00% Fixed (Compounded monthly) wef 1st July 2020.
Limits will be reduced by 10% every year from the 5th preceding year prior to the date of retirement.
|Age of the Applicant||Overdraft limit eligible|
|> 55 < 56 years||90 % of the limits mentioned above|
|> 56 < 57 years||80 % of the limits mentioned above|
|> 57 < 58 years||70 % of the limits mentioned above|
|> 58 < 59 years||60 % of the limits mentioned above|
|> 59 < 60 years||50 % of the limits mentioned above|
The reduction in overdraft limit to the extent of 10% every year commencing from the 55th year onwards will be done on a monthly basis.
For instance, the overdraft limit sanctioned is Rs.5.00 lacs. When the employee attains the age of 55 years the limit will be reduced by Rs.4200/- p.m. approx. so that the operative limit on his attaining 56 years will be Rs.4.50 lacs.
In other words, the operative limit will have to be fixed at the beginning of every month and the drawings in the account including the monthly interest charged to the account should not exceed the operative limit.
50% of the limit or the balance outstanding in the Overdraft account whichever is higher will be recovered from the terminal benefits of the employee concerned.
Previous Circular – Staff circular no.5902 dated 05.09.2012 wef 01.09.2012, Staff circular no.6488 dated 28.11.2016 wef 01.12.2016
(Staff Circular No.5043 dated 21st January 2004)
As per extant guidelines, staff members are allowed loans to the extent of Rs.30000/- against 10% margin, once in a Financial year at a concessional rate of interest.
Rate of interest on loan against NSCs granted to staff on or after 01.01.2004 @ 9.5% against NSCs purchased on or after 01.03.2002 and 8.5% against NSCs purchased on or after 01.03.2003.
However, the rate of interest on loans granted against NSCs purchased before 01.03.2002 as also loans granted between 01.03.2002 and 31.12.2003 against NSCs purchased on or after 01.03.2002 will remain unchanged.
Quantum of Festival Advance is enhanced to One month’s Gross salary vide Staff Circular no.6725 dated 09.01.2018 w.e.f. 01.01.2018. The Gross Salary for this purpose will be the last month’s salary as per the pay-slip. The amount of Festival Advance so sanctioned is recoverable in 10 monthly installments.
STAFF WELFARE MEASURES
Scheme for reimbursement of school fees, cost of text books to wards of employees
The scheme provides for reimbursement of tuition fees, term fees, and examination fees etc. not exceeding Rs.2250/- per year (from the academic year 2005-06) or the claim whichever is less to one dependent child of all employees. School education of the employee’s ward commencing from Nursery to Standard XII is covered under the scheme. (SC6521 dated 31.12.2016)
Scheme for re-imbursement of college fees to employees children pursuing Engineering, Medical, Professional and career oriented degree courses
Reimbursement of College fees / Text Books etc. of Rs.3250/- per year for one dependent child of all employees studying in engineering, medical, professional and career oriented degree courses. (SC6521 dated 31.12.2016)
Schemes for Awarding Scholarship for Higher education to the children of employees
(SC6002 dated 31.07.2013)
The scholarship will be paid to only one child of the employee during any academic year fulfilling the following:-
|Types of scholarship||Qualifying Examination||Percentage marks||Amount|
|1.||10+2 Level Studies||10th Standard above||75% and for 2 years||@ Rs.375/- p.m.|
|2.||12+3/4 Level Studies (College Level)||12th Standard under Science Stream,Arts Stream Commerce Stream||75% and above60% and above60% and above||@Rs.500/- p.m. and Rs.700/- p.m. (who stayed in hostel) for 3/4 years|
|3.||Engineering Degree after passing Final year Diploma in Engineering||Final year Diploma in Engineering||60% and above||@Rs.500/- p.m. and Rs.700/- p.m. (who stayed in hostel) for 3/4 years|
Payment of honorarium to the children of employees who have secured 1st Rank in school examination
(SC6521 dated 31.12.2016) To meritorious students a sum of Rs.3000/- per annum will be awarded to the students, studying in school who stand first rank in the class / standard as recognition.
Financial Assistance to the family of deceased employee for enabling their children to complete their academic pursuit
Lumpsum financial assistance of Rs.2000/- per child per annum to those children who are pursuing either 10+2 or 12+3/4 level study at the time of death of employee. Financial assistance is restricted to two children.
Interest assistance on educational loan for studies at premier institutions
Interest assistance of 1% on education loan availed by the children of the employees for advanced technical / financial courses at Premier institutions viz IIM, IIT, NIT & AIIMS vide SC 5901 dated 04.09.2012.
Scheme for reimbursement of expenses for health check-up (other than executives)
The scheme for reimbursement of Health check-up is available for employees in the age group of 35+. Rs 1500/- in case of male employee & Rs 2200/- in case of female employee. The female employee can undergo Mammography or Ultrasonography. In case of Mammography they will be reimbursed Rs 700/- and in case of Ultrasonography the actual claim for that particular test will be reimbursed.
Following tests are recommended for claiming reimbursement
CBC, ESR, BLOOD SUGAR – FASTING & POST PRANDIAL (AFTER 2 HOURS), BLOOD UREA & NITROGEN (BUN), SERUM CREATININE, LIPID PROFILE – CHOLESTEROL, SERUM TRIGLYCERIDE, SGOT, SGPT, AUSTRAILIA ANTIGEN – HbSAG, X-RAY CHEST, ECG, LDH, URINE ROUTINE, MAMMOGRAPHY (FOR WOMEN)
Reimbursement of annual expenses upto Rs 900/- to male staff members in the age group of 45+ for USG-abdomen test vide SC 5901 dated 04.09.2012.
Antenatal checkup (4 months old) upto Rs 5000/- to female staff members. The reimbursement can be claimed only 2 times during the tenure of service.
Executive Health Check up
Executive in scale IV and above are entitled for the health check up Rs 3000/- during the financial year against production of relevant bills / Receipts. Medical check up can be undertaken at any of the recognized Hospitals / institutions.
Following check up rank for reimbursement
Three consultations (Medical, Surgical and one optional), ESR, Urine test, Blood chemistry on the auto – analyzer SMA 12/60 – 12 tests, Hematology on SMA – 7 test, Blood sugar (fasting and post glucose), Blood cholesterol / HDL fraction, Chest X – Ray, ECG, Computerized Tread Mill Test (Stress Test), Pulmonary for lung function assessment, Blood groups –A, B, O & RH, For Males – Serum gamma – gt, a sensitive liver function test and blood uric acid, For Females – Complete gynae check up and vaginal cytology
Medical cilinics / Laboratory & Pathological tests
The management has sanctioned medical clinics, which are already functioning in 46 Centers across the country. The reimbursement for medical clinics shall be as under: Scheme governing Medical clinic: ( w.e.f. 01.09.2010 ) Revised vide SC 6002 dated 31.07.2013
|Metropolitan Centers (Rs)||Other Centers (Rs)|
|Cardiologist who is also working as a General Practitioner||11000/-||9500/-|
|Checking of Hospitalization bills||1000/-||750/-|
|Monthly limit for purchase of medicines for Medical clinic||12000/-||9500/-|
Reimbursement of charges levied by diagnostic centers under tie-up arrangement for pathological investigations, subject to reference by Bank’s doctor.
Financial assistance to employees who are on Loss of pay due to hospitalization
To provide financial assistance to employees who are on loss of pay on account of hospitalization. Maximum period is of six months in the entire service of an employee. Rs 3000/- per month for a maximum period of 6 months and proportionately in case leave on loss of pay is less than one month (30 days)
Rs 200/- per month, where canteen facility does not exist.
(staff circular no.4902 dated 05.10.2002)
The scheme is meant to support the parents whose wards excel in sports and culture by extending financial assistance on a yearly basis on the basis of results shown by the Young Unions in their chosen field.
( Ranking 1, 2, & 3 )
Rs 5000/- to those who have excelled in state level competition
Rs 10000/- to those who excelled in national level competition
Rs 20000/- for international level achievements.
As per existing welfare schemes Bank provides financial assistance to physically handicapped employee by way of reimbursement of cost of Crutches, Hearing Aid, Artificial Limbs etc. Maximum of Rs 3000/- per year. An hearing impaired employee will be permitted to seek reimbursement of Rs 9,000/- or the claim whichever is less in three years.
He will not be entitled for any benefit under the scheme for the next two years (HRMD:VPA:840:2007 DATED 01.03.2007)
Financial Assistance to Physically challenged children of the Employees for payment of School / Computer Course Fees, purchase of crutches etc.
Physically handicapped children of the employees for payment of school / computer course fees, purchase of crutches / hearing aids / Braille books / artificial legs shoes, support for polio limbs etc. for an amount of Rs 1000/- (maximum) per year.
The ex-gratia payment for adjustment of outstanding in staff housing loan of Deceased officer will be restricted to 80% of balance outstanding in staff housing loan or Rs 2.00 lacs whichever is less vide SC 5901 dated 04.09.2012 wef 31.08.2012.
Enhancement in financial assistance by way of ex-gratia amounting to Rs 4.25 lakh to the member’s nominee in the event of member’s death during the period of his service in the Bank or to the member in the event of that member becoming physically handicapped due to serious illness, accident or otherwise resulting in loss to employment under Union Bank of India Employees’ Death Relief Fund scheme. (SC No.6524 dated 31.12.2016.
Employees who has completed 25 years of unblemished service. This gift is given by the bank to honor the services rendered by the employee along with spouse to the bank and to motivate him for further progress in his / her career.
SC6556 dated 16.02.2017
Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy is taken from National Insurance Company Ltd. for a period of one year from 13.02.2017 to 12.02.2018 covering unfortunate Death and Total Permanent Disablement. There is an additional 50% coverage for employees working in Naxal Affected Areas covering unfortunate Death and Total Disablement due to Terrorist Attack.
Policy Number 251100/42/16/8200000104
Capital sum insured in Lacs
|Sl. No.||Details of Staff||CSI in other than Naxal Affected Areas||CSI in Naxal Affected Areas|
|1||Executives in Scale – VII & VI||15.00||22.50|
|2||Executives in Scale – V & IV||11.00||16.50|
|3||Officers in MMGS – III & II & JMGS – I||7.00||10.50|
|5||Sub staff including FTS and PTS||4.00||6.00|
Other Details and claim form are attached with circular.
Executives – Scale IV onwards Rs 5.00 lacs
Officers – Scale I to III Rs 3.00 lacs
Clerical Rs 2.00 lacs
Sub Staff Rs 1.00 lacs
And Bank will bear educational expenses upto graduation of the children of the deceased employee.
And employment on compassionate grounds will be given to one member of the family of the deceased.
Schemes for payment of incentives on successfully completing correspondence diploma courses / MBA programme conducted by Indian Institute of Banking in collaboration with IGNOU, New Delhi, a honorarium of `5000/- to those candidates who completed Diploma courses on IIB and `10000/- to those who complete MBA programme (banking & finance) conducted by IGNOU.
Though medical facilities are available at many places in the country, renowned specialists exist at Metro areas and the patients have to call on them for treatment. At such places, the patients and their attendants/family members have to incur expenses on lodging arrangements, which are usually quite high.
Bank has opened transit quarters at Mumbai, New Delhi and Kolkata for the benefit of staff members and their eligible dependents that may visit these metropolitan centres on medical treatment. All Staff Members of all categories and their eligible dependents can avail this facility.
While availing the facility, the users should note that they would be responsible for any loss/damage caused to the furniture and fixtures in the quarters during their stay. The occupants should maintain discipline and decorum during the occupation of the quarters. This facility is available to the employees or their dependents only, for undergoing medical treatment. The complete details of the transit quarters are given below:
|Address of the transit quarters||Flat No.51-A, 5th floor Soman Nagar Co-op Hsg. Society Near Chinchpokli Railway Station (C.R.) Chinchpokli, Mumbai – 400 012|
|Nearest Railway Station||Mumbai Central – about 3 kms. Dadar – about 5 kms. Chichpokli – adjacent to the quarters|
|Local conveyance||By taxi / local bus routes connecting all parts of Mumbai|
|Charges||Rs 300/- p.m. (Rs 10/- per day if less than one month)|
|Procedure||Apply to Senior Manager, Personnel Admn. Divn, HRMD Central Office as per prescribed format (ANNEXURE-XV). After approval is accorded by the Competent Authority, Allotment Letter (ANNEXURE-XVI) will be issued to the applicant. Senior Manager, Maintenance Section, P&SS Dept., C.O. will hand over keys of the quarters to the applicant and the same will be returned to him on vacating the quarters. The employee will also possess his identity card during his stay at the quarters.|
|Address of the transit quarters||Flat No.1 at Hazra41G, S.P. Mukherjee Road Kolkata – 700 026|
|Nearest Railway Station||Netaji Bhavan (Metro Rail)Near Chitranjan Cancer Institute Opp. to Jatin Das Park|
|Local conveyance||By taxi / local bus routes connecting all parts of Kolkata|
|Charges||Rs 300/- p.m. (Rs 10/- per day if less than one month)|
|Procedure||Apply to Senior Manager (HRM), HRMD, F.G.M.O. Kolkata as per prescribed format (ANNEXURE-XV). After the Competent Authority accords approval, Allotment Letter (ANNEXURE-XVI) will be issued to the applicant. Keys of the quarters will be handed over to the applicant by Senior Manager (P&D), FGMO Kolkata and the same will be returned to him on vacating the quarters. The employee will also possess his identity card during his stay at the quarters.|
|Address of the transit quarters||Flat No.14, 2nd floorG-53, East of Kailash, New Delhi(Near ISKCON Temple)|
|Nearest Railway Station||Hazart Nizamuddin|
|Local conveyance||By taxi/ local bus routes connecting all parts of New Delhi|
|Charges||Rs 300/- p.m. (Rs 10/- per day if less than one month)|
|Procedure||Apply to Senior Manager, HRM Dept., NRO New Delhi as per prescribed format (ANNEXURE-XV). After approvals accorded by the Competent Authority, Allotment Letter (ANNEXURE- XVI) will be issued to the applicant. Chief Manager, Kailash Colony Branch, New Delhi will hand over keys of the quarters to the applicant and the same will be returned to him on vacating the quarters. The employee will also possess his identity card during his stay at the quarters.|
|Address of the transit Quarters||Kalpatharu Apartments,93, Kumaran Colony Main Road, Next to Vijaya Hospital, Nr. Bus Terminus Vadapalani Vadapalani, Chennai-600 026Tel.No.23620419|
|Nearest Railway Station||Kodambakkam Rly. Stn. On the suburban railway Next to Vadapalani, Bus Terminus Next to Vijaya Hospital|
|Local conveyance||By taxi / local bus routes connecting all parts of Chennai|
|Charges||Rs 300/- p.m. (Rs 10/-per day if less than one month)|
|Procedure||Apply to Senior Manager, HRMD, NRO Chennai as per prescribed format (ANNEXURE-XV). Keys of the quarters will be handed over to the applicant by NRO Chennai and the same will be returned to them on vacating the quarters. The employee will also possess his identity card during his stay at the quarters.|
Compensation for those who are killed in Bank Robberies, terrorist incident incl. left wing extremism vide SC 5907 dated 25.09.2012
Officers Rs 20 lacs
Award Rs 10 lacs
(Staff Circular No.6164 dated 19.01.2015)
Salient features of the scheme are as under:-
The revised scheme for compassionate appointment is applicable w.e.f. 05.08.2014, i.e. for the cases where death / retirement on medical grounds occur on or after 05.08.2014.
The scheme is applicable to a “dependent family member” of an employee appointed on regular basis against permanent vacancy who dies in service (including death by suicide)
Retires on medical grounds due to incapacitation before reaching the age of 55 years (incapacitation is to be certified by a duly appointed medical board in a government medical college / government district head quarters hospitals / panel of doctors nominated by bank for the purpose).
The spouse or wholly dependent son / daughter (including legally adopted son / daughter) in case of married employees and wholly dependent brother or sister in case of unmarried employee, are the “dependent family members” eligible for Compassionate Appointment, subject to fulfilling other conditions of the scheme.
The scheme also covers cases of missing employees subject to certain conditions.
The appointments shall be made in clerical and sub-staff cadre only.
The scheme is mainly for the family that is indigent and deserves immediate assistance for relief from financial destitution.
Application for employment under the scheme from eligible dependent should normally be considered up to five years from date of death or retirement on medical grounds and decision to be taken on merit in each case.
Dependent family members — Spouse / wholly dependent son (including legally adopted son) / wholly dependent daughter (including legally adopted son) / wholly dependent brother or sister in the case of unmarried employee.
An officer is eligible to claim TA, Baggage for settling himself / his family where he intends to settle is paid on retirement.
Farewell scheme for retiring employees:
(w.e.f. 31.08.2012 vide SC 5901 dated 04.09.2012)
The retiring employee can be presented with a memento costing not more than Rs 7500/-.
Medical Clinic-Diagnostic Facility to retired employees:
Eligible Retired Employees will be allowed to undergo diagnostic tests of their choice costing not more than Rs 2000/- w.e.f. 01.04.2015 per financial year with the advice of Doctor operating at Bank’s clinic.
SC6021 dated 10.10.2013, 6163 dated 16.01.2015, 6521 dated 31.12.2016
For the benefit of retired employees of our Bank and their spouse who are not gainfully employed. Maximum limit for reimbursement of Hospitalization expenses Rs 1,50,000/- w.e.f. 01.01.2017 to the family unit (Retired employee and/or spouse) during the entire currency of membership.
One-time membership fees vide SC 5901 dated 04.09.2012:
Officers Rs 5000/- Clerks Rs 3000/-
Sub staff Rs 2000/- Pre 1986 retirees Rs 1000/-
Retired employees who wish to become member of the scheme have to apply online through Union Parivar. Accountant / Branch Manager who is having the HR rights can also apply on behalf of the retired employee. Staff members retiring on superannuation will have to apply within six months of the retirement date. Those who are retiring on VRS have to apply within 6 months ater attaining the age of 60. Remit the fee directly to the account of the REMAS scheme (378902050000188) and note the transaction id for filling up the same in online application form. Take printout of the page applied online, sin it, paste a joint/single photograph on the right side of the application and handover to the branch / office who in turn shall forward it to their respective RO. Upon approval from central office, the RO administrator will print the same from his worklist and dispatch the same to the retired employee for his future reference. With the membership number, employee can apply for reimbursement subsequently.
Modification in ceiling for reimbursement of annual checkup under UBIREMAS
Increased from Rs 1000/- to Rs 2000/- wef 01-04-2015. The amount can be claimed in two instalments per financial year. (SC no.6163 dated 16.01.2015)
Those who opted for VRS under special scheme 2001 may avail the facility of Bank’s Clinic and Bank’s Holiday Homes as available to other retirees. (SC no.6163 dated 16.01.2015)
Security Circular No.29 dated 04.11.2015
|Armed Guard Not Mandatory|
|Cash Van||50 Lakhs|
|Staff Car / Hired 4 Wheeler / Route Bus / Train / Water Surface Transport||20 Lakhs|
|Auto Rickshaw (3 Wheelers)||20 Lakhs|
|Motor Cycle / Scooter||10 Lakhs|
|On Foot||5 Lakhs|
|With One Armed Guard|
|Mandatory for Cash above Rs.30 Lacs|
|Cash Van||200 Lakhs|
|Car / Hired 4 Wheeler||200 Lakhs|
|Route Bus / Train / Water Surface Transport||50 Lacs|
|With Two Armed Guard|
|Cash Van||10 Crores|
Conditions for getting insurance:
Remittance exceeding Rs 100 Lacs must be escorted by 2 armed guards.
Remittance upto Rs 50 Lakhs by Cash Van/Car/Four wheeler Armed Escorts is not mandatory. If armed guard is posted in branch it is at the discretion of BM and can be sent depending upon quantum of cash remitted vis-a-vis cash kept in branch & prevailing law and order situation in that area.
This cover includes collection of cash from customers’ premises. Also covers remittance activity as cash in transit (CIT) activities of outsourced security agencies / Service Providers.
Cash Remittance – Precautions
Few important points to be followed during cash in transits:-
- Whenever cash remittance is carried out always try to follow the busy route. If the route is isolated, beware of fake hurdles. In case of any suspicion, vehicle should never be stopped.
- The armed guard’s weapons should always be loaded even if there is no cash in the vehicle.
- The cash box (metal box) should always be chained and locked with the body of the vehicle.
- Cash should always be carried as per prescribed limits of cash in transit with different mode of conveyance/vehicle as per above referred security circular.
- Nobody other than the cashier should be told about the destination place. If cash has to be taken to a number of places, cashier should direct the driver.
- If private taxi is being taken ensure it has sufficient petrol/diesel. Check the license of Driver.
- No one other than cash remittance crew is allowed to sit in the vehicle.
- Halts in routes should always be avoided.
- Casual staff of the branch is not to be used for cash remittance. The bank armed guards / outsourced armed guards may be utilised for cash remittances wherever necessary.
- Vehicle should be sent on different times/days. There should not be fixed days and fix vehicles.
- In case of any miss happening, matter should be reported to police and higher authorities immediately.
- Whenever outsourced cash vans are provided, all guidelines related to outsourced cash vans should be strictly followed. There should not be any deviation to the guidelines for outsourced cash vans.